We take very seriously the personal relationship that exists between the the tutors and their students. Neither our office nor the tutors whom we represent share any information about the students with anyone outside the company. The only people who have access to your personal information are the director and the tutor who needs the information to provide tutoring services.
Changing your appointment: Cancellation, tardiness, postponement, re-scheduling, abbreviating a session or changing its location
Our tutors are independent, and each is free to set his own cancellation policy. That said, most of our tutors have chosen to employ the following policy for changing an appointment:
- 24 hours notice – by email to Lexington Tutoring, LLC's office to assure a timestamp – is required regardless of the reason for the change. Otherwise, the session is charged in full. “Change” includes cancellation, postponement, re-scheduling, abbreviating a session or changing its location.
- Sole exception – it is not feasible to judge or verify reasons that necessitate changing an appointment. Therefore, the only exception to the requirement for 24 hours notice is for weather that creates hazardous driving conditions.
- Reciprocity – If your tutor cancels with less than 24 hours notice AND our office is unable to offer a fully qualified, same-day sub, we will credit your account for the cost of the session up to a limit of two hours. In most cases, that means your next session is free.
- Changing your first session – If you need to cancel, reschedule, or change the length of your first session, please call our office -- 781-652-9649. The requirement for 24 hours notice applies.
- Minimum sessions per month – The tutor will charge in full for canceled sessions that exceed one third the number of scheduled sessions in a calendar month. For example, if 9 sessions are scheduled with your tutor in a given calendar month and 5 are canceled then your tutor will charge for the fourth and the fifth cancellation. If 4 sessions are scheduled with your tutor in a given calendar month and 2 are canceled then your tutor will charge for the second and any subsequent cancellations that month. The only exception to this policy is for cancellations of sessions that fall during school-scheduled vacation breaks of three days or more.
- Student arriving late or leaving early – Please call our office if you will be late. If your call is not answered live, please call your tutor directly. The time missed will be counted as part of the session. Your tutor will normally wait no longer than 20 minutes for late clients. The scheduled tutoring time will not be adjusted for clients who arrive late. If, for example, a client arrives 10 minutes late for a 90 minute session beginning at 4:00 PM, the session will conclude as planned at 5:30, and the charge will be for the full 90 minutes.
- Tutor arriving late – Keeping in mind that your tutor will typically be coming to you through commuter traffic, if your tutor is late for a scheduled session,
- EITHER you and the tutor will agree to extend the session time by the amount of time the tutor is late
- OR your tutor will simply charge for the actual duration of the session.
- Snow days -- In the event of snow, even if the schools are closed, your tutor will typically assume that your appointment still stands. Our office will phone you on behalf of the tutor if your appointment must be rescheduled due to extreme weather conditions. Please call our office -- 781-652-9649 -- if you have any questions about a snow day situation.
Background for your tutor's cancellation policy
The policy serves several purposes:
(1) Respect. This policy ensures that cancellations are not done casually, which is the simplest and most fundamental expression of mutual respect between tutors and clients.
(2) Retaining talent. Last-minute cancellations and frequent cancellation would make it impossible for the client to retain a high caliber tutor.
(3) Predictability. Low cancellation rates ensure a manageable work week and meaningful income stream for the tutor. Logistically, cancellations often create an inconvenient and awkward gap as the tutor goes from one client’s location to the next.
(4) “No exceptions” avoids putting anyone in the situation of having to decide if the reason for a last-minute change is “good enough” or, for that matter, true.
Does the tutor charge for travel time?
No, if you are in or within 15 minutes of Lexington. Even if you are not within 15 minutes of Lexington, your tutor can sometimes provide sessions with no travel charge.
When are payments due and to whom should they be made?
Our office, on behalf of your tutor, prepares an invoice and sends it to you once per week by emailed PDF.
At the first session, payment by check or cash is due. For short-term work, your tutor will normally require payment by cash ( or bank check).
If you pay by check, please make your check payable directly to your tutor as explained on your invoice. If you pay electronically rather than giving your tutor a check at a face-to-face session, please send our office an email when you post payment and tell us the amount posted and the date it is expected to arrive. In the event of a returned check, your tutor will normally charge a $15.00 handling fee in addition to the bank charge incurred.
Please review our tutors' terms and conditions:
You certify that you are at least 21 years old, are fully competent, and are the legal guardian of the student(s) for whom the tutoring services are intended.
You agree to provide a non-smoking environment conducive to tutoring (i.e.: free of distractions, unnecessary noise and interruptions, etc.)
If your tutor is coming to your home, a parent/guardian (or adult over 21 years of age) must be present in your home for the duration of each session. There are no exceptions to this. If your tutor arrives and a parent/guardian 21 years of age or older is not present in the home, the tutor will not provide tutoring services. If you need to leave before a session is over, unless you are leaving another adult over age 21 in charge, your tutor will need to end the session when you leave.
Lexington Tutoring, LLC is not liable for any damage (real or imagined), which occurs to a person or property as a result or as a perceived result of tutoring sessions provided a tutor represented by Lexington Tutoring, LLC. Lexington Tutoring, LLC is not responsible for any damage, loss, theft, or bodily harm that may arise from tutoring sessions arranged by Lexington Tutoring, LLC. We carefully select tutors and run CORI and SORI checks on each. Any issue that should arise with an individual tutor must be taken up directly with the tutor and is separate in its entirety from Lexington Tutoring, LLC.
- The tutors whom we represent are dedicated to the success of your student and firmly believe that they can make a difference. That said, neither Lexington Tutoring, LLC nor any individual tutor can be held accountable or responsible for the academic success of the student/client.
- Lexington Tutoring, LLC makes a good faith effort to screen each tutor. We represent only tutors who are responsible and reliable. All of our tutors are independent, and Lexington Tutoring is therefore not liable for their speech or behavior. This exclusion includes during tutoring sessions, in transit to and from tutoring sessions, and the periods in-between tutoring sessions.
©2012 Lexington Tutoring, LLC.
Lexington Tutoring, LLC is a Massachusetts Limited Liability Company organized under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
All content on lexingtontutoring.com belongs to Lexington Tutoring, LLC and may not be reproduced without our prior written consent. All of lexingtontutoring.com's content is protected under U.S. and international copyright laws. The material on our website may be reproduced for use by a single user only. You may not modify, retransmit, sell, or copy any of our content in any way. Lexington Tutoring, LLC reserves the right to change the reproduction policy at any time without prior notice.